Saturday, February 9, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust Partial Collection Swatches!

Hello all! I've been so sad I haven't really had time to blog, but I HAD to make time for these beauties! During Zoya's Color Your World Promo, you could get 3 free polishes and pay $10 shipping or spend $25 additinally to get free shipping. I realized I could get 6 Zoyas shipped of $27 and could not pass up that deal! I took the opportunity to try out some of the new Pixie Dusts. I am head over heels in love with them!

These all dry to a sugary finish. It's a little rough, but not at all bothersome (and this coming from someone who can't handle rhinestones or caviar nails). Strangely, I didn't even think to topcoat them because I loved the sand finish. They have great application. It was incredibly easy to get onto the nail. I used 3 coats, but if you have shorter nails or aren't prone to VNL like I am, you could probably do 2 coats and be fine. Wear time is also good. I applied these, went to bed, went to school/work as usual and then came home and took pics without any evidence of wear :)


First up is Zoya Nyx. It's a gorgeous light blue that's a little dusty. It reminds me a lot of Cinderella. When I first applied these, it also reminded me a lot of flocking manicures. Or paper heat embossing. Or just colored sugar. It's really fascinating!


In the Zoya pictures on their website there are little light glints. It honestly looks like that in real life. I felt like I was a real cartoon princess while wearing these and I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!!


Next up is Zoya Vespa. She's a light sagey green. Not typically my color, but the sparkles won me over.


It reminds me of crushed up jade. I don't really have words for it, but it's really gorgeous.


On to Zoya Godiva! I used to hate nudes. I was appalled anyone wanted to wear them. Then I got China Glaze Fast Track and started to appreciate nudes (especially if they were sparkly!). This polish is amazing. I really really love it.


Going on it looks a lot like CG Fast Track and then dries to that amazing textured finish I've come to love. It was subtle and gorgeous all at the same time.

All of these polishes just seem extremely classy to me. The OPI ones, while gorgeous, are a little louder and bolder and fun. All these made me feel like a classy, pretty princess :) Vespa was probably my least favorite, but I still gave it 4 stars in my stash doc. It's still really fantastic and worth owning. I can't wait to get the rest of these and I hope they make more with this finish!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love your nails!!!:):):)

    Greetings from Finland!:)

    beautinika.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vespa! This color is great with my skin tone and I love the silver glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over this collection!! I love how you described Nyx :D It feels like a fairytale! Haha! I'm wearing this now as a Skittle mani because I just like seeing the different colors all at once! :D I have it up on my blog, feel free to check it out :D

    http://karenliveshigh.blogspot.com/2013/02/zoya-pixiedust.html

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love nyx the most. Glad to hear they hold up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with these pixie dusts! <3

    ReplyDelete