Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Challenge: Olympic Opening Ceremony

As I've mentioned before, I really love the Olympics. I'm so pumped to watch the Opening Ceremony and start watching some Americans win medals! The prompt was Opening Ceremony/Flag so I did the good ole stars and stripes. I know this is practically the same as my 4th of July mani, but I really liked it. 


What I love most about the Olympics is the whole nation uniting to cheers for our athletes. Usually, everyone has all sorts of crazy rivalries and get in ridiculous arguments over sports, but once every four year (if we pretend Winter Olympics don't exist) we're all on the same side and can watch sports in harmony :) And even though we're rooting for different teams, the world unites to watch one event. It's amazing.

P.S. Are the Olympic-themed commercials making anyone else cry? Like this one:

Tears. Lots of tears.


And I even broke out a new hand pose to show USA with the linear flag. Materials used: Pure Ice French Kiss, China Glaze Salsa, Sally Hansen Whirlwind White, Sally Hansen Rapid Red (for stamping), Cheeky plate CH 4, Konad plates M17 and M18.



Make sure you check out the other awesome blogs participating in the challenge! Click the image above if you'd like to join us!

Debbie at The Crumpet
Danielle at Little Book of Beauty
Neivys at Maquiclub Girl
Arlene at Nails and Vanities
Helena at Nail Wish
Róisín at Cuti-Clue-Les
Laurie at Dressed Up Digits
Lucie at Lucy's Stash
Emma at  Manicurity
Vic at Glowstars
Jackie at Mema's Manis
Rychelle at Colorsplash Nails
Stella at My Wet Nails
Missy at Missy's Manis
Christine at Lost in My Reverie
Bazzia at Polish My Mind
Michelle at Lacquer or Leave Her
Nikki at Lil Green Heart
Shayleen at Simply Handy All Year
Nayade at Toxic Vanity Toxic Vanity
Karen at Nails by Kaybel

3 comments:

  1. Love your Olympics mani! I hate sports but I love gymnastics! That and diving are the two I love to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super! Your stamping is so crisp and awesome :) I also love, and sob like a baby during, Olympic commercials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flag! I did olympic rings on an Essie Marshmallow field for my opening ceremonies mani ;)

    ReplyDelete